Lutterworth, Bakehouse Lane/Baker Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire

Grid ref SP 543844

By GW Oxley

Lutterworth Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built of stone and brick in 1815 at a cost of £500. In 1851 it provided 60 free and 90 other sittings. In 1873 the Chapel provided seating for 178. The site is now occupied by part of a large apartment complex.

Sources

White’s Directory of Leicestershire, 1846

TNA HO129.408.1.30 Census of religious worship

Wesleyan seating returns, 1873, p 8

Site visit 23.6.2018

This page was added by GW Oxley on 25/06/2018.