Lindal in Furness WM Chapel, Lancashire (now Cumbria)

Grid ref SD240758

By GW Oxley

Photo:Lindal WM Chapel, 2.3.2017

Lindal WM Chapel, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

Lindal in Furness WM Chapel was erected in 1872 at an unknown cost. There were 160        sittings in 1873. In 1940 the chapel had 95 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom. The number of sittings had risen to 114 by 1980 but the chapel had closed by 1991 and is now in residential use.

Sources

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM  District property schedules, 1898-1917

Wesleyan seating returns, 1873

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991

Site visit 2.3.2027

Photo:Lindal WM Chapel, centenary stone,  2.3.2017

Lindal WM Chapel, centenary stone, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Lindal WM Chapel, centenary stone,  2.3.2017

Lindal WM Chapel, centenary stone, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 03/03/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.