Peterstow

By Dave Hill

Photo:16th May 1992

16th May 1992

Dave Hill

Peterstow: Methodist Chapel SMR no. 36634, OS grid ref: SO 5656 2445

A Methodist Chapel shown on the 1st Edition OS map. The chapel is on the A49 in the centre of Peterstow village, not far from the Post Office. It is a small, one-room building of red brick with yellow stone dressings. At the front are two large round-headed windows on either side of a similarly styled door. 

Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical Returns July 1st 1940 - not included so sold prior to then

This page was added by Dave Hill on 23/12/2015.
Comments about this page

According to Wikipedia:"In 1874, a Mr. Thomas Blake gave land for the Wesleyan Methodists to build a chapel. In the simpler architectural style typical of the Primitive Methodists, this was used by the Wesleyans for 50 years. The Chapel was bought by the Parish Church in 1924, and used as a church hall until a few years ago. It was sold because it is not possible to install modern facilities including water supply and drainage. It is now in private ownership."

By Pamela Atkins
On 23/12/2015

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.