Bosbury - Stanley Hill

By Dave Hill

Photo:23rd November 1991

23rd November 1991

Dave Hill

Photo:23rd November 1991

23rd November 1991

Dave Hill

Photo:6th May 2006

6th May 2006

Dave Hill

Photo:6th May 2006

6th May 2006

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

Photo:25th April 2017

25th April 2017

Dave Hill

 

Bosbury: Methodist Chapel SMR no. 26801, OS grid ref: SO 6737 4418

A Methodist Chapel just to the north-west of Bosbury, in an area known as Stanley Hill. The chapel was marked as a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on the 1st Edition OS map of 1886 but is no longer marked on modern OS maps.

The chapel is now in a severe state of disrepair and only half the roof remains. From the structure that is left it is possible to distinguish blue and yellow decorative bricks. Above the double entrance doors a neatly carved arch gives the date of 1863.

Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical Returns July 1st 1940. Circuit 961 Ledbury.

Latest series of images taken on 25th April 2017 showing a very ruinous building.

This page was added by Dave Hill on 23/12/2015.
Comments about this page

The chapel has now been sold (July 2018) to be restored as a private dwelling.  More historical information on www.bosburyhistoryresource.org.uk

By Barry Sharples
On 31/07/2018