Bishop's Frome

By Dave Hill

Bishop's Frome: Methodist Chapel SMR reference no. 30782, OS grid ref: SO 6622 4848

Situated in the centre of the village of Bishops Frome in the east of the county. The chapel is not shown on 1st Edition OS map of 1886, on which the area is shown as an orchard.

At the front of the chapel is a good-sized porch and a window with polychrome arched headings on each side. Above the porch is a small circular window and above this a date stone. Running along the top of the porch and across the tops of the windows is a band of yellow stone. The chapel has a steeply pitched slate roof and had seating for 120. It is now in private ownership and has been converted into a house.

Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical Returns July 1st 1940. Circuit 212 Leominster. 

Photo:1st September 1990

1st September 1990

Dave Hill

Photo:3rd May 2009

3rd May 2009

Dave Hill

This page was added by Dave Hill on 23/12/2015.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.