Grange over Sands WM Chapel, Lancashire

Grid ref SD407778

By GW Oxley

Grange over Sands WM Chapel was erected in 1876. In 1940 the chapel had 234 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom and three other rooms. It continues in use a a Methodist place of worship.

Sources

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM1/2/82-97, Carlisle WM District property schedules, 1862-1877

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM  District property schedules, 1898-1917

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991

Site visit 15.4.2016

 

Photo:Grange over Sands WM Chapel,facade, 15 April 2016

Grange over Sands WM Chapel,facade, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Grange over Sands WM Chapel from north, 15 April 2016

Grange over Sands WM Chapel from north, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Grange over Sands WM Chapel from south, 15 April 2016

Grange over Sands WM Chapel from south, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Grange over Sands WM Chapel, foundation stone, 15 April 2016

Grange over Sands WM Chapel, foundation stone, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

Photo:Grange over Sands WM Chapel, heritage plaque, 15 April 2016

Grange over Sands WM Chapel, heritage plaque, 15 April 2016

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 22/04/2016.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.