Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Northamptonshire

Grid ref SJ806834

By GW Oxley

Photo:Desborough, Victoria Streetl Wesleyan Chapel,  south side of chapel, ,  28.4.2018

Desborough, Victoria Streetl Wesleyan Chapel, south side of chapel, , 28.4.2018

G W Oxley

The chapel was built of brick in 1894. The school building was added in 1896. It had seating for 373 in pews in 1940. There were 3 schoolrooms and 3 other rooms. It was later closed and is now used as a place of worship by Roman Catholics

Sources

Methodist Chapel returns, 1940, p162

OS 25inch sheet XXIV 3 1924

Site visit 28.04.2018

Photo:Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel, west side chapel, ,  28.4.2018

Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel, west side chapel, , 28.4.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel,  south and east sides of Sunday school,  28.4.2018

Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel, south and east sides of Sunday school, 28.4.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel,  south side of Sunday schooll, ,  28.4.2018

Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel, south side of Sunday schooll, , 28.4.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel,  north side of chapel, 28.4.2018

Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel, north side of chapel, 28.4.2018

G W Oxley

Photo:Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel,  date plaque on Sunday school, ,  28.4.2018

Desborough, Victoria Street Wesleyan Chapel, date plaque on Sunday school, , 28.4.2018

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 06/06/2018.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.