Cark, Station Road WM Chapel, Lancashire (now Cumbria)

Grid ref SD364763

By GW Oxley

Photo:Cark WM Chapel, south and east sides, 2.3.2017

Cark WM Chapel, south and east sides, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

Cark WM Chapel was erected in 1904. In 1905 it was valued at £1562. In 1940 the chapel had 115 sittings on pews and there was a schoolroom. It was still being used as a Methodist place of worship in 1991 but had been closed and converted to residential use by 2017

Sources

Cumbria Archives Service Carlisle DFCM3/1/43-62 Carlisle WM  District property schedules, 1898-1917

Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940, 1980, 1991

Site visit 2.3.2017

Photo:Cark WM Chapel, north side, 2.3.2017

Cark WM Chapel, north side, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cark WM Chapel, entrance, 2.3.2017

Cark WM Chapel, entrance, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

Photo:Cark WM Chapel,dated rainwater head, 2.3.2017

Cark WM Chapel,dated rainwater head, 2.3.2017

G W Oxley

This page was added by GW Oxley on 03/03/2017.

If you're already a registered user of this site, please login using the form on the left-hand side of this page.